The Connected Vehicle Roadside Unit provides wireless communications from roadside infrastructure to vehicle On Board Units. The Roadside Unit operates on the 5.9 GHz Direct Short Range Communications (DSRC) band compatible with vehicle systems to provide very low latency required for high speed events, such as crash avoidance.
The Roadside Unit is packaged in a ruggedized weatherproof enclosure suitable for outdoor installation in all weather, including a standard power over Ethernet connection to the traffic signal controller requiring only a single CAT-5 or CAT-6 outdoor Ethernet cable for power and communications. The Roadside Unit meets the U.S. Department of Transportation FHWA 4.1 specification including communications to vehicles, data security and Global Positioning System (GPS) reception for time of day and location.
In addition to USDOT requirements, the Roadside Unit includes a local Wi-Fi hot spot for remote maintenance or travel time applications and an optional LTE cellular back-haul for data upload/download. The Roadside Unit also includes internal data storage for intersection map geometry without need to replace controllers. As an option, the Roadside Unit can be ordered with software to manage a number of Roadside Units from a central location using area maps.
- Meets USDOT FHWA 4.1 Roadside Unit specifications
- Hi-speed, low-latency DSRC to vehicle On Board units
- Browser based service interface for easy configuration, diagnosis and remote software update
- High security level ensured by following Yunex security initiative process
- Compact, pole-mounting for limited space requirements
- Robust NEMA6P enclosure and connectors for harsh environments
- Power over Ethernet connection to signal controller or cabinet network switch (Yunex ruggedized power over Ethernet injector available separately)
- GPS receiver for location and time
- Local Wi-Fi hot spot for communications to nearby smart devices such as laptops, tablets and smart phones for pedestrian and cyclist safety applications (ready for travel time applications)
- LTE cellular radio for long distance back-haul to central system
- Optional software to manage multiple Roadside Units from a central system
- Includes all antennas and mounting hardware