The Eagle Battery Backup Systems (BBS) Cabinets are designed to protect batteries and inverters that can keep your intersection running in the event of a power outage. Our cabinets feature an aluminum enclosure for protection from all forms of outdoor natural elements, including rain, sleet, and snow, as well as seepage and splash. The BBS cabinets include a unique front-sloped cabinet top to direct rain away from the main traffic cabinet when using side-of-cabinet (piggyback) mounting. Eagle BBS cabinets can be used with a variety of third-party BBS systems.
Standard Door Specifications
- Provided with three-point locking mechanism with nylon rollers at the top and bottom.
- 3/4” diameter stainless steel outward turning handle with provisions for padlocking.
- Main Door lock – industrial standard pin tumbler lock with #2 key.
- Louvered inlet with filter to prevent dirt from entering with airflow.
- Closed-cell PVC door seal gasket with polyester film used to prevent sticking.
- Heavy gauge stainless steel continuous hinge utilizing a 1/4” diameter stainless steel hinge pin for door support, carriage bolted in place, for ease of door removal.
Standard Enclosure Specifications
- Completely fabricated from .125”-thick type 5052-H32, mill-finished aluminum utilizing intermittently welded construction, subsequently weatherproofed with silicone sealant.
- Welded shelves, strengthened to mount batteries up to 150 lbs per shelf.
- The door opening is double-flanged on top to prevent water drops when the door is open. The opening also includes a mount for two door-operated switches.
- Thermo-convection air ventilation system utilized with provisions for mounting fan for forced-air cooling.
- Exhaust outlet openings are provided under the roof over-hang.
- All internal and external hardware is fabricated from non-corrosive material.
- Adjustable 3/8” diameter stainless steel door stop can be latched in various positions.
- Double-flanged door frame to provide improved water ingress protection.
- NEMA 3R rated, continuously welded enclosure for maximum protection from contaminants.
- Base mount, side-of-cabinet, or pole mount available.
- Unique lock/keying combinations.
- Custom finish per customer requirements.
- Inward-rotating door handle.
- Welded 19” rack rails for mounting equipment.
- Generator compartment for additional backup capability.