The Sales Engineer will promote, present, demonstrate, market and sell all of MoboTrex’ products and services. With the intent to ultimately obtain established goals by increasing sales to the current and prospective customer base, while maintaining excellent profit margins, building rapport, trust and confidence with our customers (key contacts and decision makers). The Sales Engineer will manage and direct short and long range sales initiatives targeted toward existing and new markets in conjunction with the Executive Management Team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce top line sales revenue by the minimum as outlined in the current business plan for the specified region. This is to be accomplished by the sale, training and support of MoboTrex products and subsequent account management.
- Provide pre-sales support to include product presentation and demonstrations.
- Review RFPs and RFIs for selected opportunities within the assigned regions.
- Manage the region in a cost efficient-most effective manner within the current operating budget.
- Represent MoboTrex professionally via direct, face-to-face customer and vendor contact in a sales capacity.
- Participate in the project management process for any job within the region exceeding $50K in revenue.
- Provide technical support to customers, both existing and new, and function as a liaison between customers and personnel.
- Focus on driving the specification of core traffic products as well as increasing the sale of peripheral products (not currently purchased) consistent with current sales goal, to existing and prospective customers.
- Work collegially with the inside sales team partner, MoboTrex field technicians, and vendor partners to assist with regional sales, training and customer care efforts.
- Provide information about competitor, market, legislative, compliance and industry trends to management and colleagues as appropriate.
- Provide feedback on product/solution needs based on market trends and customer needs.
- Participate in industry and trade association events as the company liaison/ambassador.
- Conduct daily business in compliance with all company policies and departmental guidelines.
- Remain current in MoboTrex hardware, software, and services.
- Maintain accurate and timely expense reporting
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the VP Mid-Atlantic Distribution.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
Education and/or Experience:
- 5-7 years Sales experience required.
- Field Service experience in transportation industry is preferred
- Experience of Traffic & ITS products to include signal controllers and software is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, or equivalent professional experience
- Specific experience in the traffic management industry is an extreme plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience in the Intelligent Traffic Systems, detection products, wireless communications and emerging transportation technologies strongly preferred
- Must be self-motivated and possess a tenacious drive for success
- Excellent presentation and communications skills-both written and verbal; candidate must be very comfortable giving presentations and demonstrations
- Ability to respond promptly to requests for service and assistance as needed and have a focus for customer follow up
- Experience using CRM tools and communicate progress with Sales Leadership
- Attention to details and accuracy
- 50-75% travel in the territory of West Virginia and the Western portion of Virginia while based in VA.
Certification of International Municipal Signal Association (IMSA) Traffic Signals Level II or higher
We are looking for someone who has a strong combination of people, verbal, and technical skills combined with relationship building skills and sales experience. We are a growing company that needs employees who strive for excellence and understand that our ability to assist our customers, both internal and external, is a cornerstone to our continued growth and development. MoboTrex offers competitive pay, a full benefits package, and an enjoyable work environment.
MoboTrex is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. MoboTrex requires pre-employment drug testing and a background check. For more information, please visit: http://hiring.accolo.com:/job.htm?id=457072669