Experienced Intelligent Traffic Systems (ITS) Technician – located in Dallas, Austin or Houston.
Mobotrex is currently looking for an Intelligent Traffic Systems (ITS) Technician for our Austin office. Depending on the candidate – this role can be located in Dallas, Austin or Houston. This person will be responsible for diagnosing, trouble shooting and repairing complex electronic ITS and communication systems, and evaluating equipment problems by interpreting blue prints, schematics and wiring diagrams. This position will service products from Mobotrex as well as those from other manufacturers. Our ideal candidate must be able to modify or construct new ITS equipment and work independently and under the supervision of a technical supervisor.
The ITS Technician is responsible for support/servicing customer’s needs through field service, and supporting the sales channel. The ITS Technician will insure that they are technically competent, efficient, accurate, and customer friendly. The ITS Technician is responsible for executing MoboTrex’s service activities including: answering technical questions on the phone, performing field service on time and material contracts and annual maintenance and testing agreements, turn-on assistance and system integration. The ITS Technician may assist MoboTrex team with application engineering and estimating. Sales support functions to include but not limited to; product introductions and demonstrations, customer class teaching, internal assistance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain a superior understanding of ITS technology, field devices and the tools and methods used to deploy them in the field.
- Remain current with product/system information, changes and updates.
- Prioritize, organize and schedule your workflow through Microsoft Outlook.
- Maintain emergency field service readiness for all of MoboTrex’s geographical regions.
- Deliver service and support to contractors and end-users installing and operating traffic management and ITS products including, but not limited to the following:a. Conduct cabinet and system turn-ons.
b. Perform annual cabinet maintenance and CMU/MMU testing.
c. Perform on-site time and material service.
d. Coordinate and execute on-site work for large scale integration projects with multiple parties. Represent the company on-site and make decisions.
e. Provide informal on-site training for ATMS systems, controllers and other traffic field devices.
f. Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues related to implementation, installation, and utilization of ITS products.
- Interact with customers to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns, and requests about products and services. Summarize customer interactions through electronic mail.
- Participate as needed in the sales process to include assistance in the preparation of estimates and preliminary proposals. Represent the sales team in their absence. Provide detailed lead information to the Sales Manager.
- Redirect problems to appropriate resources.
- Offer alternative solutions where appropriate with the objective of retaining customers’ business.
- Organize ideas and communicate oral messages appropriate to listeners and situations.
- Follow up and make scheduled visits to customers where necessary. Document customer visits for future follow up.
- Assist engineering/manufacturing with development/troubleshooting assistance as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: The ITS Technician must have earned an IT or electronics degree or equivalent and have 10+ years of related field service experience. ITS Technician must have 5+ years of traffic signal maintenance experience. Must attain IMSA Level 2 or higher certification within one year of employment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Must be self-motivated and able to work independently.
• Must be reliable, self-confident, and highly organized.
• Must be able to maintain an excellent driving record.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in personal work tasks or work environment; adjusts effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
• Focuses and guides self and team members in accomplishing work objectives.
• Interacts with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
• Makes customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships.
• Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; compares data from different sources to draw conclusions; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; and takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
• Deals effectively with others in antagonistic situations, using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict.
• Establishes proper courses of action to ensure that work product is completed efficiently and on time/within proper time limits.
• Maintains stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity); handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization.
• Possesses, acquires, and maintains the technical/professional expertise required to do the job effectively and to create effective customer solutions. Technical/professional expertise is demonstrated through problem solving, applying technical knowledge, and product and service.
• Actively appreciates and includes the diverse capabilities, insights, and ideas of others and working effectively and respectfully with individuals of diverse backgrounds, styles, abilities, and motivations.
• Sets high standards of performance for self; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Must be able to verbally communicate clearly (regularly talk and hear), read at a distance and close to eyes with or without correction. Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Up to 80% travel is required. They must be able to work in all types of weather conditions. This position requires occasional work outside of normal business hours, such as evenings/weekends.
MoboTrex is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. MoboTrex requires post offer pre-employment drug test and a background check. For more information, please visit MoboTrex.com.
Note: Not accepting calls or emails from recruiters or agencies at this time.