Electrical Design Engineer – Davenport, IA
The Electrical Design Engineer in our Davenport, IA location that will be responsible for producing all design information required to buy, build and install traffic control products the company sells. This role will translate customer specifications and industry knowledge into drawings, bills of material and work instructions for purchasing and manufacturing as well as providing engineering workup estimates for Sales. Additionally this role provides drawing and documentation to allow MoboTrex field Technicians or contractors to successfully install and complete turn-on of the designed equipment.
• Maintain key performance metrics including: lead time, on time delivery quality escapes
• Develop action plans to address issues and drive continuous improvement actions
• Generate electrical wiring diagrams from customer plans and specifications utilizing standard templates or past projects for new and existing traffic, lighting and traffic related control cabinets
• Integrate related traffic, networking and lighting technology into new and existing systems
• Generate mechanical drawings for panels, cables, cabinets and cabinet layouts and provide mechanical designers information to complete the required design
• Ensure that all drawings confirm to industry standards, customer specifications and MoboTrex practices
• Generates and verifies Bills of Material for assemblies and components
• Generates cost estimates, including proposed design solution, per customer requirements or per sales requests
• Generates assembly and installation instructions for projects
• Generates test procedures to verify component or system functionality and operates as specified when the design is new or untested
• Provides telephone technical support to end users and Field Service as required
• Utilizes CAD system and drawing information archiving process for all drawings.
• Analyzes technology trends and makes recommendations for changes or improvements in our product offerings
• Monitors design system technology and recommends changes when appropriate
• Understands and translates various codes such as MUTCD, NEMA and UL effectively communicating how the code applies to the company’s products and processes
Prior experience with Traffic Systems, AutoCad design software, PLM/PDM system, MS Excel and other corporate ERP/MRP software systems is desired.
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited engineering university preferred or an Associates Degree in Electronic
Knowledge, Skills and abilities
• Knowledge of how to translate traffic system requirements into standard electrical design
• Knowledge of traffic products, controllers, software and traffic designed preferred
• Experience with MUTCD specifications
• Experience with NEMA Traffic standard, Caltrans experience a plus
• Field Service experience in traffic systems preferred
• System integration experience including integrating multiple products from internal and external suppliers into a single operating system a plus
•Knowledge and extensive use of Auto CAD preferred
•Ability to work under short deadlines and manage multiple priorities
If you are interested in joining our team of experts, please access the following link for a complete job description and access to our application process here.
MoboTrex is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and requires pre-employment drug testing and a background check. For more information, please visit Mobotrex.com.