Manufacturing Engineer – Austin, TX
Mobotrex has an opportunity at our Austin, TX location, for a Manufacturing Engineer whose role is responsible for the systems and tools needed to assure Mobotrex products can be built as the designer originally intended per customer specifications. The Manufacturing Engineer reviews, edits, and enhances drawings, bills of material and work instructions to improve quality and productivity. This role is a bridge between the Design Engineer and the Production Department and is also responsible for developing and improving manufacturing processes by studying the product and implementing manufacturing processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting feedback and observing operators.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Ensures product and process quality by designing testing methods, including verifying finished product and process capabilities, establishing standards and documentation, and confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs and estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides manufacturing support by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations including understanding, translating and communicating various codes such as MUTCD, NEMA and UL to the stakeholder community.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; comprehending manufacturer’s instructions and establishing routine procedures; requesting special service as needed.
- Maintains product and process database by writing computer programs, as needed, and logging data.
- Completes design and development projects by training and guiding technicians and interfacing proactively with all project stakeholders including design, production and purchasing.
- Completes capital projects through project justification, project planning and follows through implementation.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing professional networks and participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related projects/requests, as needed.
- Analyze technology trends and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Benchmarks competitors and other industries to implement best practices.
- Contribute to and reinforce a culture of continuous improvement.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Prior experience coordinating manufacturing and design. Proficiency in CAD, Creo Parametric and Schematics preferred, Windchill or other engineering and workflow management software a plus.
B.S. in Engineering required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must bring knowledge of how coordinate manufacturing and design and the ability to multi-task
- ProE/Creo, Windchill, AutoCAD
- Must possess excellent computer skills (database management, MS Office), problem solving skills, and project management skills
- Self-motivated team player with good communication and organization skills with attention to detail
- Must have the ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Must have the ability to exercise strong judgment in analyzing, appraising, evaluating and solving problems of a difficult procedural, organizational, administrative or technical nature
- Must possess strong technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, standards, and common manufacturing practices
Physical Demands and Work Environment: Must be able to verbally communicate clearly (regularly talk and hear), read at a distance and close to eyes with or without correction. Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. Occasional lifting up to 20 lbs. The position shared between the office and a production floor environment. Some travel required.
We are a growing company that needs employees who strive for excellence and understand that our ability to assist our customers, both internal and external, is a cornerstone to our continued growth and development. Mobotrex offers competitive pay, a full benefits package, and an enjoyable work environment.
MoboTrex, engineers, manufactures and sells a wide range of standard and custom traffic control products across America. We are headquartered in Davenport, Iowa and maintain operations in Austin, Texas; Chicago; Minneapolis; Springfield, Ill.; St. Louis, MO; and the Powhatan, VA area. We continue to expand our offerings of products and services to meet the demands of today and tomorrow. From pedestrian push buttons to Advanced Transportation Management Systems, MoboTrex has the expertise to provide the best mobility and traffic solutions for every customer, every day.
If you are interested in joining our team of experts, please access the following link for a complete job description and access to our application process: http://hiring.accolo.com:/job.htm?id=462216363
MoboTrex is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status or any other characteristics protected by law. MoboTrex requires pre-employment drug testing and a background check. For more information, please visit Mobotrex.com.