Intelligent Traffic Systems (ITS) Technician – Austin, TX
Do you enjoy a challenge? Are you interested in working with an expert team in an innovative and forward-looking company that is on the leading edge of Smart City Technology and autonomous traffic control?
As we invest in the most visionary and innovative traffic and mobility solutions for cities across the nation, we also continue to invest in deepening our bench of experts. MoboTrex is looking for an experienced ambitious, articulate and determined recent graduate interested in joining an established organization and contributing as an Intelligent Traffic Systems (ITS) Technician.
The ITS Technician will be responsible for diagnosing, trouble shooting and repairing complex electronic ITS and communication systems, and evaluating equipment problems by interpreting blue prints, schematics and wiring diagrams. This position will service products from Mobotrex as well as those from other manufacturers. Our ideal candidate must be able to modify or construct new ITS equipment and work independently and under the supervision of a technical supervisor.
• Maintain a superior understanding of ITS technology, field devices and the tools and methods used to deploy them in the field.
• Conduct cabinet and system turn-ons as well as field modifications to cabinets.
• Perform annual cabinet maintenance and CMU/MMU testing.
• Perform service and maintenance on existing systems.
• Lead, coordinate and execute on-site work for large-scale integration projects with multiple technicians. Represent the Company on-site and make decisions.
• Provide informal on-site training for ATMS systems, controllers and other traffic field devices.
• Mentor other Company technical resources as assigned. Identify and recommend opportunities for mentoring and be aware of the needs defined by the Company.
• Help prepare estimates and preliminary proposals.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• IT or electronics degree or equivalent work experience.
• 1+ years of related field service experience.
• IMSA Traffic Signals Level I required. IMSA Traffic Signals Level II, a plus.
• Must be able to attain IMSA Level II or higher certification within one year of employment.
• Valid Driver’s License and excellent Driving Record.
• Requires up to 50% travel. On occasion may require driving up to 8 hours in one workday.
We are looking for someone who has a strong combination of people, verbal, and technical skills. This will enable them to answer technical questions, perform field service, and assist engineers with application engineering and estimating. We are a growing company that needs employees who strive for excellence and understand that our ability to assist our customers, both internal and external, is a cornerstone to our continued growth and development. Mobotrex offers competitive pay, a full benefits package, and an enjoyable work environment.
MoboTrex, engineers, manufactures and sells a wide range of standard and custom traffic control products across America. We are headquartered in Davenport, Iowa and maintains operations in Austin, Texas; Chicago; Minneapolis; Springfield, Ill.; and St. Louis areas. We continue to expand our offerings of products and services to meet the demands of today and tomorrow. From pedestrian push buttons to Advanced Transportation Management Systems, MoboTrex has the expertise to provide the best mobility and traffic solutions for every customer, every day.
If you are interested in joining our team of experts, please access the following link for a complete job description and access to our application process here.
MoboTrex is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and requires pre-employment drug testing and a background check. For more information, please visit Mobotrex.com.
ITS, Technician, Traffic, IT, Electronics, Field technician, IMSA,