MoboTrex has an opportunity to join our growing organization as a full-time Cabinet Installation and Testing Technician at our location in Davenport, IA. Under the direction of the Production Supervisor, the primary objective is to perform the final assembly and final enclosure quality checks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Read point to point electrical diagrams, bills of material and other production instructions.
- Interpret the available information and assemble traffic control cabinets.
- Test and troubleshoot assembled cabinets. Sign and assume responsibility for final inspection certificates.
- Install electrical panels and other equipment into traffic cabinets.
- Use powered and unpowered hand tools such as screw drivers, drill motors, wire cutters, crimpers, wrenches, shear and powered saws.
- Accurately terminate and route wires at the designated locations as described by an electrical diagram.
- Solder wires to specified points.
- Edit and complete ERP job transactions.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Degree or experience with electronics and electrical components
- Troubleshooting electrical and electronic systems
- Knowledge of point to point wiring, reading blueprints
- Skills with hand and power tools for cutting and drilling
- Experience with an MRP system
- Able to life 50+ lbs. occasionally
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in electronics, engineering technology or a related field or equivalent experience
We are looking for someone who has a strong combination of people, verbal, and technical skills. This will enable them to answer technical questions, communicate and interact with a variety of people and departments. We are a growing company that needs employees who strive for excellence and understand that our ability to assist our customers, both internal and external, is a cornerstone to our continued growth and development. Mobotrex offers competitive pay, a full benefits package, and an enjoyable work environment.
MoboTrex, engineers, manufactures and sells a wide range of standard and custom traffic control products across America. We are headquartered in Davenport, Iowa and maintains operations in Austin, Texas; Chicago; Minneapolis; Springfield, Ill.; St. Louis, MO; and the Powhatan, VA area. We continue to expand our offerings of products and services to meet the demands of today and tomorrow. From pedestrian push buttons to Advanced Transportation Management Systems, MoboTrex has the expertise to provide the best mobility and traffic solutions for every customer, every day.
If you are interested in joining our team of experts, please access the following link for a complete job description and access to our application process: http://hiring.accolo.com:/job.htm?id=457935754
MoboTrex is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status or any other characteristics protected by law. MoboTrex requires pre-employment drug testing and a background check. For more information, please visit Mobotrex.com.